The Champagne Chair Contest call for entries begins December 19!
This annual contest, which brings together the terrifying mix of alcohol and X-Acto knives to delightful effect, has been part of the DWR tradition for more than a decade now. The first one was held at an informal gathering of employees, and it was more of a decorating party than a design contest. (I still have one of those first chairs, with a green pom-pom for a seat.) That quickly changed when we invited others to participate, and every year since then we are amazed at the creative, smart, beautiful entries we receive.
To enter the Champagne Chair Contest, create a miniature chair using only the foil, label, cage and cork from no more than two champagne bottles. A panel of DWR champagne and chair experts will be the judges, and three winners will receive a DWR Gift Card.
- Use any or all of the materials (except glass) from no more than two (2) champagne bottles. Glue is the only permitted adhesive. You are not permitted to use any additional materials — including tape and paint.
- Cork sheeting is not allowed. If you think the construction of your chair might be mistaken for cork sheeting, please take photos while making your chair. Finalists may be asked to provide proof of construction methods.
- The chair must measure no more than 4″ x 4″ x 4″.
- Call for entries will begin on December 19, 2014. Entries must be received before midnight EST on Monday, January 12, 2015.
- Ten chairs will be selected as finalists. If your chair is one of these, you will be asked to send your chair to DWR, and it will become the property of DWR.
- Please, only one chair and one submission per person.
We look forward to seeing your Champagne Chair! #dwrchampagnechair